Environment the Musical
Bringing education to life!
Environment the Musical is more than just a musical. It's an innovative music resource that you will use all year round in the classroom.
Suitable for everyone over 8 years, the musical has an expandable cast list, providing roles for 40 children. Parts can easily be doubled-up for smaller groups and the running time is approximately 40 minutes.
Scroll down for links to supporting instruction videos.
What is Environment the Musical?
A quick overview of the Environment the Musical resource pack in less than 60 seconds!
Environment the Musical is the classroom resource that gives teachers the opportunity to use music and drama as a fun and effective means for teaching environmental awareness. Suitable for ages 8 + Everyone loves the Dog Pooh song!
The Environment the Musical pack includes 8 catchy songs, quality backing tracks, incidental music, licence for non-commercial productions, expandable cast list, adaptable scenes for short plays plus song sheets, as downloadable PDFs.
The pack includes
- A SONGS CD with recordings by professional singers.
- A TEACHING RESOURCE CD containing song recordings, melody only tracks, song backing tracks and optional harmony tracks. This CD makes teaching the songs easy, expecially for the non-specialists.
- A CONCERT PERFORMANCE CD with quality song backing tracks.
- A MUSICAL PERFORMANCE CD with song backing tracks and incidental music, for a full musical production.
- A RESOURCE BOOKLET containing song lyrics and lots of tips and advice on using the resource for optimum effect.
- The SCRIPT complete with cast list, staging suggestions and ideas for costumes and props. Several scenes can be adapted for short plays, each with an accompanying song.
- FREE SONG SHEETS as PDF downloads and, finally,
- FREE LICENCE for photocopying and non-commercial performances of the show (licencing information here).
The purpose of the Environmental the Musical songs is to deliver clear messages to the listener. The 8 songs are easy to learn and seven have optional harmony, for more experienced singing groups.
I find that using synchronised hand actions can be a fun and effective means for helping to reinforce the learning of song lyrics. You will find instruction videos for the Mean Green Anti-Litter Machines and It's In our Hands songs here
Observing their neighbourhood through the eyes of tourists, a group of young friends are greatly embarrassed by the mess they see. With the help of community volunteers from Greenway, they help restore 'Messview Park' to Millview Park.
While cleaning up Millview Park everyone learns about reducing waste, up-cycling and recycling. This inspires them to organise a fashion show where everyone models their 'trash' clothes and accessories. Trash costume ideas
Environment the Musical is entertaining yet thought-provoking. Suitable for everyone over 8 years (even adults!).
Approximate running time 40 minutes.